Introduction L.R.Bishnoi SO(F), C&SED
Winner of INS Medal 2003
in recognition of significant contribution in civil engineering safety review of Nuclear Power Plants.
B-31, Ajanta, Anushaktinagar, Mumbai-400 094
Telephone : 550 6323(R); 5572989-91,93-95, ext.2322 (O)
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION :- B.E.(Honours) in Civil Engineering in 1982 from Univ. of Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- Eight weeks Training Course on Construction Management Techniques and Advanced Civil Engineering, developed and conducted jointly by National Institute for Training in Industrial Engineering (NITIE) and Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT Bombay) for Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) in April-May 1988.
- Two weeks training course on Finite Element Method at Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT Madras) in December 1991.
EXPERIENCE & SPECIAL INTEREST
- Associate Member of Institution of Engineers (India)
- Member of Indian Nuclear Society (INS)
1. ATOMIC ENERGY REGULATORY BOARD (AERB), MUMBAI, (29.09.1990 onwards)
Design review and special studies pertaining to civil engineering safety aspects of Nuclear Power Projects (NPP) and other nuclear facilities.
Civil engineering safety review of operating Nuclear Power plants (NPP).
Regulatory inspection of NPP, both projects and operating plants.
Preparation of safety codes/ standards/ guides/ manuals and related studies.
Planning and coordination to facilitate safety review and inspections by AERB appointed review committees and inspection teams.
Project coordination for construction of AERB building (Niyamak Bhavan).
Coordination & review of AERB funded research projects.
Participation in BARC's graduate orientation training programme.
2. BHABHA ATOMIC RESEARCH CENTRE (BARC), MUMBAI, (18.11.1985 to 28.09.1990)
Work planning, supervision and coordination of construction work of nuclear Waste Immobilisation Project (WIP) at BARC, Trombay.
Preparation/checking of estimates of civil engineering works of DAE.
Rate analysis & updating of schedule of rates.
Quantity analysis of different categories of civil engineering constructions.
Developed a computer software for quantity and cost estimates of building structures.
3. URBAN IMPROVEMENT TRUST (UIT), BHARATPUR (RAJASTHAN), (24.03.1984 to 10.11.1985)
Analysis/design of overhead RCC water reservoirs and RCC framed Structures.
Construction of Mini-Secretariat Building (Built-up area = 5000 SQM).
Survey, estimation and execution of infrastructure facilities for a colony developed by UIT.
Application of numerical methods to structural problems, fracture studies and diffusion problems.
Structural dynamics, earthquake engineering.
Containment behaviour, analysis and testing.
Concrete behaviour, durability and ageing management.
Members of few important committees
Recent publications including conference, seminar, symposia
- Permanent Invitee to Civil Engineering Safety Committee (CESC)
- Permanent Invitee to Code Committee for Civil and Structural Engineering (CCCSE).
- Member-Secretary of Civil Engineering Safety Committee for Operating Plants(CESCOP)
- Member-secretary of the working group to prepare design safety guide "Environmental and Missile Design Basis".
- Member of the working group to prepare safety guide "Inspection and Enforcement by the Regulatory Body for Nuclear & Radiation Facilities".
Bishnoi L.R., Basu P.C. (1999), Issues related to Durability of Concrete Structures in the Context of Decommissioning of NPP, Transactions of the 15th International Conference on Structural Mechanics in Reactor Technology (SMiRT-15), pp.XII-59 to XII-66, Seoul, Korea.
Bishnoi L.R., (1997), Brief Outline of Concrete Containment Structures of Indian Nuclear Power Plants, presented at International Atomic Energy Agency - Technical Committee Meeting (IAEA-TCM) on Safety Aspects of Ageing Management for Concrete Containment Building, held at IAEA Headquarters at Viena, May 26-30, 1997, Austria.
Bishnoi L.R., Basu P.C. (1997), Role of NDE in Life Management of Nuclear Safety Related Concrete Structures, Proceedings of National Seminar on Non-Destructive Evaluation for Life Extension, December 11-13, 1997, Indian Society for Non-Destructive Testing, Hydrabad Chapter, Hydrabad, India.
Bishnoi L.R., Basu P.C. (1997), Durability and Ageing Management of Nuclear Safety Related Concrete Structures, Proceedings of International Conference on Maintenance & Durability of Concrete Structures JNT University, Hyderabad, India.
Bishnoi L.R., Asrani A.K. (1996), A Review of Indian Regulatory System with respect to QA Practices; Working Material, IAEA Specialists' Meeting on Application of Quality Assurance Programme to Regulatory Organisations, 7-9 October 1996, Ottawa, Canada.
Bishnoi L.R. (1996), On Exploitation of Symmetry in Structural Dynamics; International Conference on Vibration Problems of Mathematical Elasticity and Physics, November 27-29, 1996, A.C. College, Jalpaiguri, University of North Bengal, India.
Bishnoi L.R. (1994), Passive Aseismic Control Systems for Medium Rise Building Structures; Proceedings of Tenth Symposium on Earthquake Engineering, November 16-18, 1994, Department of Earthquake Engineering, University of Roorkee, U.P., India.
Bishnoi L.R., Basu P.C. (1994), Methodology for Rehabilitation of Aged Nuclear Safety Related Concrete Structures; Proceedings of First National Symposium on Ageing Management of Nuclear Facilities (AMNF-94), NPCIL, Bombay, India